Thursday, August 22, 2019

Earn Money from Home | Teach English Online




Do you ever wonder how it feels like to earn money without leaving your house?  Are you tired from everyday commute? How about waking up earlier than you should because the transportation system sucks? Perhaps, you have been unemployed for a long time and looking for a way to be productive.  Maybe you could try online teaching too.


 I used to be like you.  I wanted to try, but I have no idea where to start. I'm glad that I met amazing people who motivated me to pursue something I thought I am not capable of doing. So now, I will be sharing you some details about this job. You don't have to be as fluent as the native speaker but, as an English tutor, you must know grammar rules and correct pronunciation. You can't teach what you don't have.



Description: 

English Second Language (ESL) 

noun
- The Study of Language by nonnative speakers in an English speaking environment.

Tutor

 noun
- a person employed to instruct another in some branch or branches of learning, especially a private instructor.

Starter Pack

noun
- The basic things you need to start making or doing something.



Qualifications:

  • English Communication Skills

  • 18 years old and above

  • Philippine Resident








Requirements:

  • Computer

          - Laptop or desktop. Netbook is not allowed.

          - Specs : At least i3 above. The higher the better. But if you don't have the means to buy yet, a dual core with 4gb ram will do, like what I'm using now. Although, I can only open a maximum  of 3-4 tabs at a time. Some company offers a competitive rate, but they require higher specs.


  • Wired Internet Connection              
           - a stable wired internet connection is a must. A technical check will be done sometimes before you can proceed for the interview  . I'm using PLDT plan 1699. 


  • Quiet environment 

            - You have to find a way to lessen the background noise around you. Soundproof your room if necessary. This is the number one problem for home-based job. 

  • Headset & Webcam                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     - We need to invest in equipment to do our task efficiently.  





 





When I started, I was using a Logitech H111 headset (Php 450) and an A4tech camera ( Php 500). Not bad for their price. I used it for about a year before I upgrade.  But if you have the money to buy, I recommend the one in the picture. It works better. Plantronics and Jabra are also most recommended noise cancelling headsets by teachers.

you may also try this headset : 

Budget USB Headset for Online Teaching | Rapoo H120


  • Additional
If you are interested to apply, it is best to prepare your TIN, Skypebank or  paypal account  to speed up your hiring process. Possible income: Php 100/hr- 250/hr.  Rates depend on your credentials.


For job openings, you may join these FB groups.


Above all,  having the right attitude is the most important. It's not enough that you have excellent English skills. You need to be patient, especially in dealing with kids or even adults who aren't easy to please. It will also take time to gain more students. At first, you might not earn as much as you did in a regular job but believe me, If you are hard-working, it will eventually pay off. You will be amazed how much time you can enjoy for yourself and your family. Flexibility wise, this job is the best for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment